Mission Statement and Research Interests
Posted on June 28, 2022 • 1 minutes • 197 words •
- I will uphold a high standard of performing research that is accurate, ethical, reproducible, and usable. I will never pressure myself or others to put out incomplete or inaccurate work.
- I seek to do work that is impactful and novel. I refuse to push work out solely to increase publication or citation count.
- As a mentor and teacher, I will always prioritize the growth and wellbeing of my students over my own research and reputation. I will not stand by idly if I notice something wrong.
- If you ever feel that I have broken any of my commitments above, please contact me, my supervisor, or the appropriate organization (IEEE, ACM, USENIX, University of Michigan), and we will try our best to right our wrongs.
- Usable security and privacy
- AI tools for improving privacy
- Advertising risks
- Conversational AI
- Adversarial ML
- Tech addiction
- Recommendation algorithms
- AI fairness and transparency
- Mandarin Chinese (Intermediate)
- Japanese (Elementary)
- French (Elementary)
- Computer Vision
- Machine Learning
- Human Computer Interaction
- Mobile Computing
- Seaborn (This has saved countless hours of my life)